allsaidanddone

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Go on till you come to the end

Unless some miraculous impartation of genius arrives just about now, you're going to have to content yourself with a 'doings post'. I've tried starting what I want to say on Community and what I want to say on what God's been pushing buttons in me all week but it's not working itself into any kind of reasonable framework. I think I shall start refusing to say, "It's coming" because I was all keyed up to write something the moment I got home and I sat down at the computer and started something that didn't flow and couldn't be finished. I have had - if I can count Friday, a most marvellous weekend. Friday was my chance to take a day for myself. Meaning: sleep the morning away, and be productive in doing all the little things I've wanted to do for ages. Things like giving myself some time to simply enjoy myself by reading more of a book that has very little relevance to life and absolutely no practical implication whatsoever. The evening was spent going to see Nacho Libre with Geoff. The movie was very stupid but funny as anything so it was quite an enjoyable experience. We then came home to my Mother's plea for a Boggle match with her, Dad and Lulu. Saturday Geoff and I went into the city, to have a look at the Charles Blackman: Alice in Wonderland exhibition, among other things. Very worth a look at, cheaper than Picasso - and dare I say it, better. Fantastic bright colours and big paintings. This one is in at the Fed Square in the Ian Potter Gallery rather than at NGV International. Had a wander in the Botanical Gardens as the weather was fantasic, then I took him down to Albert Park near where I used to work, had a coffee at Browns and walked down to the beach and got a few photos (which I may flickr soonish). Dinner back at Geoff's and then two 21st's. And today's doings can wait as they are pertinent I think to the post on community and beginings (or endings as the case may be) that refuses to be written. "Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." - Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland

2 Comments:

At 9/17/2006 08:50:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I would like to see that exhibition. Is it running for long?

 
At 9/17/2006 08:51:00 pm, Blogger Bec said...

until Oct 15th, so a while yet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home