allsaidanddone

Sunday, September 10, 2006

A New Way

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." - Ephesians 3:16-19 "This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything." - 1 John 3:16-20 "You're throwing your love across My impossible space You've created me Take me out of me into A new way to be human" - Switchfoot lyrics (A New Way to Be Human) I do not feel well at all. Not in the sense of sickness or tiredness. Simply in the fact that I am far too familiar with living my life out of my head. My relationship with God is much the time not much of a relationship at all. More of a knowing and getting stuck in that and not really understanding it in its fullness. I sometimes get to taste this foreign beautiful realm of feeling. It's been a very long time. It is curious to see what it takes to crack what feels like a major block in any true authenticity. It takes too much. I am glad of a God who persists .

1 Comments:

At 9/11/2006 02:30:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've expressed your desire to be closer to Him in this blog... so just repeat it a few times (ask and keep on asking) and then this door will be opened to you... you can have closeness with Him.

But in the meantime, there is a glorious and abundant life to be lived. John 10:10!

Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home