allsaidanddone

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Rundown

Before the day ends, a very brief run down on the goings on of the last few days... Friday night: Last Youth night for the term - cooked spaghetti for the kids after nearly forgetting the frying pans. Excellent night with some good conversation and discussion. Laura ran the God spot and talked about Loving others. A personal 'funny' moment was explaining what 'fly off the handle' meant to a 12 year old... Yeah and they say the Message version is meant to be relevant! Saturday: Managed to avoid the mad house of getting things ready for Em's 18th. Went under the 'pretence' of gardening (so claims Mum) at Geoff's place - it threatened rain so we watched Garden State instead. Close enough. Did some gardening after the movie. Found: worms, snails, a slug, a very cool frog... and a lot of weeds. Came back home where people had already arrived. Em had a girly/pink (ugh) party with about 20+ girls. I think Geoff was a little overwhelmed but he can probably speak for himself. I found it highly amusing and the fact that all that pink was way too much for me, I don't want to know how Dad and Geoff were coping. I had to have a shower so left him out there with Laura LuLu to entertain him. Ate some party food and got out of there. Got to Burkie's 21st without getting lost. Saw a lot of gusheroodle people I haven't seen in a long time. Belle was there!!!! Geoff got to meet Paul and Burks. Funniest speech I think I've ever heard. Sang Happy Birthday and made the long trek back. Sunday: Overslept so came 20 mins late to church. To Ana's place afterwards with the crew for a BBQ. Few of us stayed for dinner - homeade pasta. I managed to touch Ana on the back about 3 times unintentionally, I don't think she was impressed. On drive back from dropping G home, God whalloped me hard with something (See previous post for vague references). Monday: Morning. Slight Embarassing moment where I find out something my mum, no wait, make that my WHOLE family knows. Huw (from uni) and I have a conference about course changing after I balk at the structure of BIM (Bachelor of Interactive Media) next year. I'm not keen on 3D animation let alone animation and so much of it is around that. Decide I sensibly should get out. I land on a very promising possibility at Swinburne Prahan - Communication Design. *Which I'll link when the Swin. website is working! It's more print, more publishing, graphic designy stuff and the 'big picture' elements. With some alternatives at Monash and RMIT. Need to get onto them soon and pull together some kind of folio. I almost definitely will be applying after I investigate a little further. Dinner out with Geoff at the Pig and Whistle. Very nice. Now. Crappy blog post. Bed *It is now working

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home