allsaidanddone

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Bloggers Block

I've had a flippin horrible time working out where to start this. This morning Christina happened to be visiting and preaching. It was great! Best sermon I've heard in quite a while. I am a big fan of when the person speaking takes a text and gives it a good going over - rather than inserting the text when it justifies their own thinking or general knowledge. I am of course to blame for doing that all the time, but there's too much we miss otherwise. Anyway. Matthew 6:25-34 Most basic overview I can give is: Don't Worry And this post really isn't working for me... Basically it was freakishly relevant to some things I've been considering in regards to the future and the conversation I accidently bought up over the dinner table last night (about maybe not finishing my current uni course). Her mention of flower's being futile and really only beautiful had me laughing in my head about a point in the book The Little Prince.

"I ought not to have listened to her," he confided to me one day. "One never ought to listen to the flowers. One should simply look at them and breathe their fragrance. Mine perfumed all my planet. But I did not know how to take pleasure in all her grace... The fact is that I did not know how to understand anything! I ought to have judged by deeds and not by words. She cast her fragrance and her radiance over me. I ought never to have run away from her . . . I ought to have guessed all the affection that lay behind her poor little strategems. Flowers are so inconsistent! But I was too young to know how to love her . . ."
and mentioning that really served no purpose at all. It was a good sermon. Good and relevant too. Thanks Christina!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home