allsaidanddone

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Backwards look at books

Here is a list of some of the picture books I was slightly obsessed with when I was younger:

  • Phoebe and the Hot Water Bottles - One of my absolute favourites there is a copy going on Ebay at the moment for over $100. It's out of print and Mum still has my copy somewhere!
  • The Light House Keeper's Lunch
  • Morris's Disappearing Bag
  • JAM
  • The Plant Sitter
  • Tony's Hard Work Day
  • The Worst Person In the World
  • Tessa Snaps Snakes/My Farm
  • Courdory
  • Grandma and the Pirates
  • Burglar Bill
  • Peepo
  • Pugwash the Pirate
  • The Happy Lion
  • The Digging-est Dog
  • Go Dogs Go
  • A Fish Out of Water
  • Cricktor
  • The Wild Washerwomen
  • The Great Tasmanian Tiger Hunt
And some early novels...
  • The Twits/George's Marvelous Medicine/Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • The Boxcar Children - Gertrude Chandler Warner, first novel I ever read I would've read the entire series many many times. I do not own any of them :(
  • The Trolley Car Family
  • Fantastic Faraway Tree (and set)
  • Magic Wishing Chair (and set)
  • Children of Cherry Tree Farm (and set)
...more later

2 Comments:

At 6/28/2006 07:46:00 pm, Blogger Auran said...

i used to love:

The Twits/George's Marvelous Medicine/Fantastic Mr. Fox
Fantastic Faraway Tree (and set)
Magic Wishing Chair (and set)

Some say that it was after this, that i grew up. I tend to disagree :P

 
At 10/13/2006 06:42:00 am, Blogger tui said...

Your post brings back so many memories... the lighthouse keeper's lunch... the diggiest dog... phoebe and her hot water bottles.. I loved the faraway tree and wishing chair... actually all blyton I could get my grubby little hands on... Roald Dahl too... Those books were so magical, they're like places I've travelled to and loved, in my memory. I wish I still had them all around. t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home