allsaidanddone

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Word of the Day May 28th

Cerebration: the act or product of thinking. I like this one! I mean really - what's a product of thinking? A thought perhaps? Use it in a sentence? Well I don't know if I know it well enough to, but here's one they gave: Celebration of cerebration is not what the public wants. Indeed, the opposite is probably true. We are suspicious of excessive smartness. -- David R. Slavitt, "You Can Go Holmes Again", New York Times, October 17, 1993 So, if you are suspicious of excessive smartness... you should stop celebrating the cerebration in which case you should've stopped reading this a few lines ago (not saying I'm leaking excessive smartness onto a blogger page or anything) but if you start using words like this you should already know you're in way over your depth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home