allsaidanddone

Thursday, July 27, 2006

An elephant of an ideal

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way." — A. A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh Not what you expect. An interesting comment really. Life throws some curious curveballs. I do like to have things mapped out. "This is how it'll happen, how I'll do things". It's a bit disconcerting when something does happen that is 'anti' your plan. Or not quite perfect in the way you've envisaged it. When you realise that you've picked the slightly less you-conventional route and work out a little later that you have, it tends to send the fire-engine of doubt screaming your way. No matter that the thing is still good, and perfectly okay really. A bit like the elephant in the picture really... now I'm the one on the top moving perhaps towards the same goal but just from a very different perspective (in the mammal's case - backwards and higher up) instead of plodding along. I don't know yet if it's nicer from 'the top', it's different, maybe it's not my ideal, but it's still good. Many, many questions about how this will all play out but thankfully God is good enough to me to throw the odd reminder now and then that he is well and truly in control.

1 Comments:

At 7/28/2006 03:00:00 pm, Blogger Meika said...

if thats not a cryptic blog post, then i dont know what is...

*chuckles*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home