allsaidanddone

Monday, May 15, 2006

The eighth day

With some delight I counted out 7 days of anti-caffiene on my fingers and realised today was day 8. I reach up into the shelf where we keep such wonders and realise with some despair that there is no tea. Green tea and other herbal teas do not count. The box is gone, finished. I see the humor in the situation - the fact that we've run out of bread and are down to the last centimetre of milk doesn't inspire my confidence in the stocking of the basics in this house. I think about going to where we keep some camping supplies to find an old one but instead I take my chances sifting through the box of random 'teas' (the kind that don't merrit drinking). There is one very boring, very normal, very wonderful bag or two left. Cheers all round. That was a nice cup of tea.

2 Comments:

At 5/15/2006 10:57:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes... dont you feel that the differnce between the time you walk out your front door and see the flowers on the way out, and the time that you walk back through not noticing the flowers at the end of the day-is nearly as long as your lifetime? Somethings that make you think seem to last much longer than anticipated, when all you want to do is sit down in front of a fire with some quiet music and a cuppa-tea!!! Random but maybe understandable...

 
At 5/16/2006 11:14:00 am, Blogger Bec said...

Oh, I like reading things like that ^ so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home