allsaidanddone

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Happy Birthday Washington

You could try to rub the smile of my face but it's drawn in pen not pencil. Tonight, I went along to YVV young adults thing. It was fantastic! Peter Downes (pastor) did some stuff - felt like the first doctrine class at Tabor (hehe) all over again but more relaxed in some ways. Something I re-covered was the fact of how sin estranged all the 'righteousness, intimacy...' and how when Jesus came it was the answer, the way of pushing that back into the realm of possibility. Being renewed. He prayed at the end about closeness in relationship to God. Which has what has been 'my issue' - if you so care to put it that way, recently if not ongoing. Oh how I've needed to hear something about this. Good talking to people - was not uncomfortable at all really. I guess the best thing about it is that a lot of the young adults (at least 80%) are newish. I was surprised at the male/female ratio though, it's roughly equal if not more guys - don't churches usually work the other way around? Went to Macca's after for coffee etc. and to hang out. Had a good chat with Susannah. Met a guy called Ryan who is non YVV'er but after a young adults thing. Arranged stuff with Jess and Dan and Cam (who was oblivious to it all) for next 'experiment' thingo. Going to cook some stuff or something for church (they freeze meals as get people needing them through the week) so, decided that might be a worthwhile use of our time. Should get a "time and availability" email sooner or later. Ah... things are good. I went outside when I got home as I had to feed the dog. I stood in the middle of the backyard and looked up for a long time at this vast expanse of sky. So clear. Silly, but it was like the milkyway stretched exactly over where I was standing for my enjoyment. God of Wonders song - which some of you might know a little of my temporary uncomfortableness with, refound itself into some relevance. So many stars. I looked for a shooting one as you can apparently see them if you watch the same place for long enough, no such luck. It hardly needed more adornment. I came back inside and had a much better/intentional talk to God than I've had in a long while.

Psalm 19 For the director of music. A psalm of David. 1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. 2 Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. 3 There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. 4 Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun, 5 which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion, like a champion rejoicing to run his course. 6 It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat. 7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. 8 The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes. 9 The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous. 10 They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb. 11 By them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward. 12 Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults. 13 Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression. 14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

2 Comments:

At 2/23/2006 09:26:00 am, Blogger Meika said...

*coughs* tell sam about experiment times and dates, or ask her... if shes still invited that is... *cough cough*

 
At 2/23/2006 10:44:00 pm, Blogger Bec said...

not this friday, but next.

talked to Dan on Jess' phone tonight. He hasn't worked a time yet.

At his place we are going to do some cooking for food they give out at church (sorry to be all Vineyardy on you) and hang out after.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home