allsaidanddone

Monday, November 28, 2005

Hope and Expectation

A day or so ago my sister Laura decided to make an Advent wreath (it being apparently the first week of advent). I don't know a whole lot about it, I still don't. But I sat in the lounge room this morning after breakfast with a cup of tea and read the letter that Laura left alongside the wreath. I lit the first candle (she left matches) got my Bible and read the verses listed. Isaiah something, Pslam 33 and Romans 15:12-13.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." - Romans 15:13
Although Advent week 1, is pertinent to hope and expectation of the return of Jesus (NT/now) and the coming of the Messiah (in OT times) I found the theme applicable to my own life and the points of frustration that I meet and match (like last night) and relevant to what can easily become 'the daily grind'. Had a good talk to God. I need reminders like this. I am thankful Laura put in the effort to leave something like that on the coffee table. A bit of liturgy is good for all of us now and then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home